Monday, April 16, 2007

Support Network for Single Moms

I can tell you this ... it's not easy being a single mom. 

I'm not a single mom myself, but I have recently had a taste of it as my husband
is a truck driver and has been gone for days at a time.

I quickly found which areas are my 'weak' spots in parenting,
housework and life in general. 

If it hadn't been for the fact that I already had a support system in place,
I know I would have had a much harder time of it.

I believe a support system is definitely a must for every single
parent because it can sustain you on those days when you just
feel like giving up.

Also, it really helps to hear another person's perspective on your most current challenge.
They might have actually gone through this challenge themselves and can give you great
advice or they can be there for you and encourage you as you walk through it.

For that reason, I like Bethany Davis' The Single Mom's Survival Guide because one of the
first things she mentions in her inexpensive ebook is forming a support network.  She knows
how important this step is to single moms.

If you're a single mom, I'd encourage you to also enlist the help of others around you - form a support network for yourself and get that extra help and encouragement that will help you be a great mom.


No comments: